Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Many hats




 In my world, things sometimes happen in an unexplained sequence. I wear many hats and I think I wear most of them well. As a Indie business owner and jewelry designer, I am my photographer, web designer, graphic designer, production line, social media, etc. I’ll hammer metal at 8 am and pour resin at midnight. I’ll blog from a waiting room and design business cards from my laptop. This is how I operate and also how I keep from being bored.
Lately though, I just want to get my hands dirty, I want to make things. Lots of things. My new found love for working with metal, particularly recycled metal, has been so exciting! I recycle, repurpose, and have an eye like a hawk for found objects. I brought home a suitcase full of rocks from Seattle which will eventually be rings and necklaces.
So, the question is, which hat will I wear today? Don’t get me wrong, I love hats, but somedays, I’d like to retire a few…

www.shopjomama.com

No comments:

Post a Comment